About Your Soap
All our soaps and skincare products have been assessed by a Chartered Chemist specialising in the Cosmetic Craft Industry. We are registered with the EU Cosmetics Notification System as well as being members of the Guild of Craft Soap & Toiletry Makers.
Caring for your soap
- Before use, store soap in a dry, dark place.
- A new soap may have a slight dusty white powder on it, this is perfectly normal and will disappear after its first use.
- Handmade soaps do not lather like synthetic commercial soaps; it may take a couple of uses before getting the full lather from a soap slice.
- Allow handmade soap to fully dry between uses to increase its longevity. We supply soap dishes for this purpose.
- Our soaps are handmade, handcut, and hand wrapped so by their very nature will have some variation between batches.
Caring for your salt soap
- Our wonderful Salt Soaps are more crumbly, wear down slightly quicker and are more brittle than normal soap!
- Due to their high salt content Salt Soaps may sting if used on damaged skin.
- If stored incorrectly salt soap attracts water from air humidity causing it to look like sweat... this does not affect the soaps performance.
Caring for your liquid soap
- Liquid Soap is more aqueous than commercial soaps and their clarity can vary alot between batches.
- Before use, turn the liquid soap upside down and back again (shaking not required)!
- Nozzle pump dispensers can squirt so care needs to be taken when dispensing - cover the nozzle with your entire hand.
Warnings related to all our products:
- Pregnant women should avoid using essential oils.
- Children under 3yrs old should not be exposed to essential oils.
- Diabetics or people with ongoing medical conditions should seek medical advice before using essential oils.
- If you have sensitive skin we would recommend our unscented products and always test a small amount of skin before commencing full use.
- As with all soap products avoid contact with the eyes.
- For external use only.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- We do not use Peanut or Almond oil in our products but many of butters and oils originate from other types of nut.